Personal settings enable you to structure your personal Aha! experience. You can edit your profile, adjust how often you receive notifications for records in your account, and authorize or revoke authorization for a variety of integrations.
Or, explore more settings articles:
Your Profile settings affect your Aha! user profile.
- Use Picture to upload or replace your profile picture.
- Use Name to update your first or last name.
- Use Email to update the email associated with your user account.
- Use Time zone to change your local time zone. Aha! notifications will display the time zone you choose.
- Use Locale to set the way that Aha! will display dates and numbers. By default, it will be determined from your browser's settings, but you can change it here if you need to.
Click Update user profile to save your changes.
You can also change or reset your password from your profile settings.
- Use the Change password settings to update your password. Click the ? icon next to the New password field to see the password requirements.
Click Update password to change your password, or Forgot password to reset your password.
You can set almost any screen in Aha! as your personal home page, though common choices are the My work or Notifications pages.
The My work page will keep you up to date on your tasks, while Notifications allows you to catch up on activity on the records that you are involved with. You can also choose a broader perspective, and start with a Gantt view or an overview of activity on your ideas portal.
Click Update home page to save your changes. To access your Home page, click the home icon on the left side of your screen.
Notification preferences allow you to adjust how often you hear about the progress of work in Aha! — and what activities you want to trigger a notification.
Notifications can come to you instantly through Aha! or by email. You can arrange different settings for records that you are watching versus participating in, unsubscribe from a particular workspace's updates, or choose to ignore integration updates.
There are three tabs on this page.
- Preferences lets you adjust your notification preferences.
- Participating shows you records assigned to you and record comments you are subscribed to.
- Watching shows you all records you are a watcher on. Click Unwatch to remove yourself as watcher from a particular record, or Unwatch all records to remove yourself as a watcher from all records.
Note: Emailing watchers through the Email watchers link on a record will email each watcher based on the notification preferences they have set.
Set global notifications preferences in the Preferences tab. From here, you can Turn off all notifications or Enable desktop notifications. You can also set per-workspace notification preferences using the hierarchy on the left.
Note: The Turn off all notifications setting affects email notifications on to-dos for assignment, edits, and comments. Daily reminders of upcoming and overdue to-dos are not affected by this setting.
To do this, click the arrows to expand the hierarchy to your desired level, and then use the Participating and Watching dropdowns to adjust your notification preferences for each.
There are five notification frequency levels for records that you are Participating or Watching:
- Instant emails send emails within 10 minutes of a record being updated. Instant emails are record-specific but show all the changes made to that record within that 10-minute delay.
- Hourly emails send email digests for changes made across a workspace's records over the last 60 minutes. They are triggered at the top of each hour.
- Daily emails send email digests for changes made across a workspace's records over the last 24 hours. They are triggered at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Browser only sends a notification popup through your web browser within 10 minutes of a record being updated. Browser notifications are record-specific but show all the changes made to that record within that 10-minute delay.
- Off disables notifications.
At the workspace level, beside the Participating and Watching columns, you can also enable Weekly summary emails to see a summary of that workspace's activity for the last week.
Note: If you are a workspace owner, you can adjust the notification preferences for other users in your workspace by navigating to Info > Users.
At the bottom of the Preferences tab are two additional checkboxes:
- Receive notifications for dependent records, if checked, will send you notifications for records linked to a record where you are participating or watching. This includes records that are marked Related to or Dependent on through the Link to another record menu.
- Receive notifications for integration comments, if checked, will send you notifications for comments created by tools you have integrated with your Aha! account. If your integration already sends you notifications of these comments, you may want to uncheck this box to avoid duplicate notifications.
Note: Some Aha! users report that notification emails from Aha! are caught by their email spam filters. You can resolve this issue by allow listing the email domains or IP addresses listed here.
Storage services allow your team to attach documents, images and other assets to Aha! records. You can control which available storage services you would like to link to your account with the Storage services personal settings.
To link or unlink your account from a storage service, click Link account or Unlink account.
For more information about storage services integrations, see these articles:
- Integrate Aha! with Box
- Integrate Aha! with Dropbox
- Integrate Aha! with Google Drive
- Integrate Aha! with OneDrive
Developer settings give you information that your Aha! account needs for integrations and authorizations.
- The API keys tab shows you any API keys you have generated and allows you to generate a new API key through the Generate API key button. API keys allow you to access the Aha! API.
- The Authorized applications tab shows you which apps, if any, you have authorized to access your Aha! account using your identity. The Aha! mobile app, for example, uses this level of authorization. You may revoke any app's access by hovering over an authorized application and clicking the Revoke button.
- The OAuth applications tab shows you any Open Authorization applications you have authorized to access the Aha! API. Click the Register OAuth application button to register a new OAuth app, then fill in its Name and Redirect URI(s). Note that the Redirect URI needs to begin with https://. Each Redirect URI should be on a separate line. Click Create to register the app.
Once you have registered an OAuth application, you can Edit or Delete it. You will also see the following fields. Click the Clipboard icon beside any of them to copy the field to your clipboard.
- Redirect URI / Callback URL
- Client ID / Application ID
- Client Secret
- Authorize URL
If you structure your day around your calendar, then you will likely enjoy the external calendar integration.
The External calendars personal settings show you any calendars you have authorized to read and link back to your Aha! data. You can revoke any calendar's access by hovering over it and clicking Revoke access.