Coming soon: We are introducing a fresh new look for record drawer and details pages on September 30, 2020. This article describes the current experience. Preview the upcoming improvements in your account now so you can get familiar with the new way of working in Aha!
Ideas portals are just that: windows into a selection of ideas. When you create a portal, you get to choose who can access it and what sort of ideas they can see. Your ideas portal can include ideas from one, or multiple, workspaces. And the same workspace can be included in multiple portals. Even then, you can manage all the ideas in one place.
In some cases, you may wish to have several ideas portals linked to one workspace. Your customers can access the portal(s) that are most relevant to them, and in Aha! you can review the ideas all at once.
Note: This article refers to features. Depending on your workspace type, you may see “activities" in your workspace.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- Getting started
- Manage and promote ideas to features or initiatives
- Considerations with this approach
- Define a new workspace. This workspace will serve as a place for your new ideas. It can be as simple as <company name> Ideas (e.g. Acme Ideas).
- Set up an ideas portal for this workspace. You may choose to make this portal submit-only, private or public.
- Decide on the appropriate role for each of the workspace team members and whether to add them as watchers for the new portal workspace in Ideas > Overview. Adding them as watchers will result in them receiving an email notification for any idea related event for this workspace.
Manage and promote ideas to features or initiatives
- Set up a review process for new ideas. The team can meet to decide if ideas should be transferred to another workspace for further vetting or be promoted directly to an initiative or feature backlog for a workspace.
- To move a single idea to another workspace, click on the idea in the application to open its detail drawer and modify the Workspace field.
- To move multiple ideas to another workspace, go to Ideas > List and select the ideas to move. Click Bulk edit # ideas to bulk edit the ideas.
Considerations with this approach
Taking this centralized idea workspace approach for capturing ideas across a suite of workspaces can create simplicity for the person submitting the idea. However, here are a few considerations to discuss with before deciding on this approach for your team.
- You are unable to have unique idea submission fields per workspace since you are capturing all ideas at a single entity level. You need to put some thought into the required idea custom fields you wish to include in the idea submission form to capture key information spanning the suite of workspaces.
- You may opt to use workspace names as idea categories which can then be selected as part of the idea submission process. This may be helpful when reviewing ideas that have been submitted to the workspace team to enable quick segmentation of the ideas.
- Once an idea is moved to another workspace, the idea will no longer be visible in this new general ideas portal. This assumes the workspaces don't share the same portal which would be the case with this approach.
Note: This only applies when moving the idea across workspaces. This does not occur when the idea is promoted to an initiative or feature for a different workspace.
Read this article for more information on managing ideas.