Coming soon: We are introducing a fresh new look for record drawer and details pages on September 30, 2020. This article describes the current experience. Preview the upcoming improvements in your account now so you can get familiar with the new way of working in Aha!
Note: As of December 2017, this issue was resolved on Jira Cloud. As of October 2019, this issue was resolved in Jira Server versions 8.4.2 and 8.5.0.
If you do not use Jira Cloud, or Jira Server versions 8.4.2 and 8.5.0, this issue may still exist for you. If you are not able to upgrade your Jira version, please follow the steps below.
This issue comes to light when a user has a mapping, such as —
- Aha! feature = Jira epic
- Aha! requirement = Jira story
— and attempts to change the epic association within Jira. The change is never communicated from Jira to Aha! and, as such, the association change never occurs in Aha!
Handling these changes requires the user to make the update in Aha!
If a requirement needs to be moved, you need to do the following:
- Within the requirement, click the More options menu and select the Move to another feature option.
- Select the new parent feature you want to move the requirement to.
- If the feature that the requirement is moved to is already linked to a Jira epic, it will associate the story with the epic automatically.
- If the feature doesn't already exist in Jira as an epic, click More options then Resend all fields to trigger the requirement to sync to Jira, which will also send the parent epic.