Every organization wants better ideas, but it’s tough to actually capture ideas from customers, employees, and others in a manageable way.
Single Sign-On (SSO) allows your users to log in to your ideas portal using OneLogin. With SSO, you can increase engagement of your idea portals as employees and customers no longer need to keep track of yet another email and password. This allows you to tightly integrate your idea management system with the roadmapping process.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- Add the app in OneLogin
- Enable SSO for your Aha! ideas portal
- Complete configuration in OneLogin
- Ideas portal user experience
Add the app in OneLogin
- Go to Add App and search for SAML Test Connector (IdP w/attr).
- Select SAML Test Connector (IdP w/attr) and save the configuration.
- Go to the SSO tab, where you'll need to copy the URL for the SAML 2.0 Endpoint (HTTP).
- On the SSO tab, click on View Details which appears under the X.509 Certificate field. On this page, copy the SHA Fingerprint string.
- You will need both the SAML 2.0 Endpoint and SHA Fingerprint to enable SSO for your ideas portal.
Enable SSO for your Aha! ideas portal
To do this, you will need to open your ideas portal settings. Navigate to Settings ⚙️ > Account > Ideas portals or Ideas > Overview. You will need to be an administrator with customizations permissions to configure an ideas portal.
- From your account settings, click the name of the ideas portal whose settings you wish to edit.
- From Ideas > Overview, click the Pencil icon by the name of the ideas portal whose settings you wish to edit.
Once your ideas portal settings are open, navigate to Users > SSO.
- Choose SAML 2.0 from the Identity provider dropdown.
- Select Manual Settings from Settings using.
- Paste the SAML 2.0 Endpoint link from OneLogin into the Aha! Single Sign-On endpoint field.
- Paste the SHA Fingerprint field from OneLogin into the Certificate Fingerprint field in Aha!
- Click Enable SSO to enable the configuration.
Complete configuration in OneLogin
- In OneLogin, paste the SAML service provider metadata URL into the ACS (Consumer) URL field. It will be in the format https://yourdomain.ideas.aha.io/auth/saml/metadata.
- (Option) If you have chosen to define the Audience in OneLogin, paste the SAML entity ID from Aha! into that field. It will be in the format https://yourdomain.ideas.aha.io/.
Ideas portal user experience
When a user authenticates to the ideas portal, they will be presented with the option to authenticate to the portal via SSO only. If they are already logged in to the SSO provider, they will automatically be logged in to your portal without any additional actions.
- Public portal: Once SSO is configured, users will be prompted to log in before posting or voting ideas. Anyone can view ideas, regardless of whether they are logged in.
- Private portal: In order to access the portal, users will be prompted to log in via SSO. If SSO is configured, any user with the SSO account will be able to access the ideas portal, regardless of email domain.
Note: It is possible to invite an ideas portal user from your ideas portal settings who has not been configured with the identity provider your portal is using. The user will not be able to log in to the ideas portal until they can be authenticated by the identity provider.