Coming soon: We are introducing a fresh new look for record drawer and details pages on September 30, 2020. This article describes the current experience. Preview the upcoming improvements in your account now so you can get familiar with the new way of working in Aha!
The Bugzilla integration allows you to push features and requirements from Aha! to engineering teams working in Bugzilla. Before you create this integration it is worth thinking about how to integrate Aha! with your development tool.
Note: This integration uses the REST API of Bugzilla version 5.0.
Configure this integration in Settings ⚙️ > Workspace. You need to be a workspace owner in Aha! to set it up.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
|Required user permissions:
|Required user permissions:
|Associated record types||
Features of the integration
- One Aha! workspace is associated with one product and component in Bugzilla.
- A feature or activity can be sent to Bugzilla using the Send dropdown on the Aha! feature or Aha! activity detail drawer.
- Requirements are sent to Bugzilla as bugs blocking the parent feature or activity.
- Only the name, description, and attachments of features / activities and requirements are sent. Any other fields that are marked as mandatory in Bugzilla will be automatically populated with the last option for the field.
- Bugs created from a requirement will block the bug created from the feature or activity.
Enable the integration
To configure this integration, you need an API key from Bugzilla.
- In Bugzilla, go to Preferences and then choose the API Keys tab.
- Create a new API key or use an existing one. Be aware that the integration will only have the permissions of the user that created the API key.
- Navigate to Settings ⚙️ > Workspace and click the + icon next to Integrations.
- Select Bugzilla from the list of integration options.
- Enter the URL of your Bugzilla installation.
- Enter the API key you created in Bugzilla.
- Click the Test connection button.
- If successful, you should be able to choose a product and a component from Bugzilla.
- Enable the integration and test it by going to one of your features or activities in Aha! and clicking the Send dropdown.
- The feature or activity should appear as a bug in Bugzilla, and any requirements should appear as bugs that block the first bug.
Test your integration
Congratulations! You're ready to test your new integration. To do this, send a feature to Bugzilla by following these steps:
- Navigate to Features > Board.
- Open one of your features in Aha! and use the Send dropdown and select Send to Bugzilla. You should see a link to the created Bugzilla record appear on the Aha! feature after a few seconds. This will let you easily click into Bugzilla to verify that everything was sent through correctly.
Note: You can also bulk send a subset of features to Bugzilla.