Coming soon: We are introducing a fresh new look for record drawer and details pages on September 30, 2020. This article describes the current experience. Preview the upcoming improvements in your account now so you can get familiar with the new way of working in Aha!
Note: We have updated this integration to version 2.0! 2.0 integrations have all the same functionality of a 1.0 integration, plus expanded capabilities and support.
This two-way integration allows you to push your features and requirements from Aha! into Trello and get list/status changes back.
You may also have a need to create multiple integrations per workspace in order to accommodate how the engineering team is split up. For example, you may have an overarching workspace to manage, but there may be two teams — one for the front end and one for the back end. This can be done simply by creating multiple integrations within Aha! Make sure to give them unique names to keep the multiple integrations straight.
All integrations are configured in under Settings ⚙️> Workspace. You need to be an owner in Aha! to set up this integration.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
Features from Aha! to Trello
- The following information is copied from Aha! when a feature is sent to Trello: feature name, feature description, requirements, and attachments.
- One Aha! workspace is associated with one or more Trello boards.
- Individual features can be sent to Trello using the Send to Trello option located under the Send dropdown in the integrations section of the feature card.
- All features in a release (that have not already been implemented or sent to Trello previously) can be sent to Trello using the Send to Trello option located under the Send dropdown on the release page.
- When a feature is copied to Trello, one card will be created for the feature. If the feature has requirements, then each requirement will become a checklist item on the feature card. The requirement description will be combined with the name, so Trello does not work well with long requirement descriptions.
- Only the description and attachments of a feature or requirement are sent. No to-dos or comments are included.
- The due date of the card will be set to the release date of the release that the feature belongs to. Note: The due date will not be set if the feature was sent from an Aha! backlog to Trello.
- After a feature is first sent to Trello, changes to the name, description, and requirements can also be sent to Trello using the Send > Update Trello option on the features page or by sending all features in a release to Trello again. New requirements will also be created in Trello; however, checklist items that were created for an existing requirement are not deleted from Trello if the requirement is deleted from Aha! If an attachment is deleted from the Aha! side, the corresponding attachment in Trello is not deleted.
Features from Trello to Aha!
- When a card is moved from one list to another in Trello, the status of the feature in Aha! is updated.
You need to be a workspace owner in Aha! to set up this integration.
Please carefully follow these instructions to ensure that the integration is properly configured.
- Navigate to the workspace you wish to integrate using the workspace dropdown to the right of your home icon.
- Under Settings ⚙️> Workspace, click on the Integrations + button on the bottom left side.
- Add the Trello integration.
- Click on the Create integration button.
- Click on the Authenticate button. You will be taken to a screen to log into your Trello account and approve the Aha! integration.
- Click the Test connection button.
- After a short delay, you will be able to choose the board that the cards will be created in.
- Each list in the Trello board can map to a different feature status in Aha!
- Choose the list that new features should be created in and determine whether they should be added to the top or bottom of the list.
- Enable the integration.
- Test the integration by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Send to Trello option located under the Send dropdown on the feature card. You should then look at your board in Trello and see that the feature (and any requirements) were properly copied.