Submit-only ideas portals are perfect for situations where you want to collect feedback but do not need to respond to the feedback or interact with your ideas portal users.
You can use a submit-only ideas portals as a public channel to collect new ideas for your product, campaign, or service and still maintain privacy around the pool of existing ideas. Anyone who knows the URL can submit new ideas, but they cannot view ideas that have been submitted by others. Only Aha! users can see the ideas.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
When to use submit-only ideas portals
A submit-only ideas portal is a great choice if you want:
- To collect bug reports for triage.
- To collect private feedback from a focus group.
- To collect private feedback on an invitation-only group of power-users.
- To embed a feedback form in their application.
- Submissions to remain private to the original submitter.
Managing submit-only portals
When managing a submit-only portal, here are a few things to consider:
- Submit-only portals may require more time to manage because users can submit duplicate ideas and Aha! does not filter those out. This typically requires merging as ideas are triaged, which could take more time.
- Users also cannot vote on ideas, which may make it difficult to prioritize or know which ideas are most important to them.
- Even if a user already has an Aha! account, an idea portal user record will be created for them the first time they submit an idea. This will mean that ideas submitted via this portal type will not be attributed to the Aha! user even though the email address is the same.
Create a submit-only portal
To create a new ideas portal, navigate to Settings ⚙️ > Account > Ideas portals, or Ideas > Overview. From either page, click Add ideas portal to open the portal builder.
Note: In the Ideas > Overview page, the Add ideas portal button is in the upper-right corner.
The ideas portal builder is a three-step process. To create a submit-only portal, we will add a few extra steps.
- Select a Title for your portal. Click Next to continue.
- Select a theme Color. Your theme color affects links and buttons in your ideas portal. Click the color icon to select a color, or enter your own custom color using a hex code. Click Edit to edit your choice or Next to continue.
- Select your portal's Access level. Portals can have Public or Private access, corresponding to the public and private types of portals. Choose one — we will change this setting in a minute.
Click Create portal to create your portal!
Now that we have created an ideas portal, we need to convert it to a submit-only portal.
- After you create your portal, the portal will open in a new browser tab. Click the ⚙️ Settings tab in the upper right corner.
- You will start on the Basics settings. Click the Type section.
- Change the Portal type to Idea submission only.
Your changes will save automatically. Welcome to your submit-only ideas portal!