Coming soon: We are introducing a fresh new look for record drawer and details pages on September 30, 2020. This article describes the current experience. Preview the upcoming improvements in your account now so you can get familiar with the new way of working in Aha!
To-dos are a powerful way for you and your team to manage tasks that need to be completed. You can add to-dos to most record types and screens in your Aha! account.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
Create a to-do
There are two types of to-dos.
- To-dos have a Name, Description, Assignee, and Due date. Assignees mark the to-do complete when they have completed the task.
- Approval to-dos function like to-dos with two key differences:
- They have additional resolution options. Users can choose to Approve, Approve with changes, or Reject an approval to-do.
- They can be configured as part of a workflow approval gate in your status workflow, where they are assigned to a workflow approval group.
You can create either type of to-do from the To-dos section of a record, including requirements attached to features and activities. Click the (+) button, select the to-do type, then fill out the to-do. Click Save to create your to-do, or click Click here to add another to create multiple to-dos.
Note: If used as part of a fixed workflow, approval to-dos will appear automatically in the Workflow approvals section of a record.
To-dos do not have to be attached to an Aha! record. Click the + button in the upper righthand corner of your screen to create a private to-do.
When you create and assign a to-do, or add or remove to-do assignees, the relevant users receive an email and a notification from Aha! with a link back to the relevant record. You can also assign to-dos to yourself (though Aha! will not notify you in that case).
Note: You can create a to-do three ways: from an individual record, through a fixed workflow, or by clicking the + dropdown in the upper right of Aha! to create a to-do not associated with any records. Users can choose to opt out of Aha! notifications on a per-workspace level, but since to-dos that aren't associated with any records also aren't associated with any workspace, users will always receive notifications about those to-dos.
To-dos are manually sortable so they can be organized based on due date or other personal preferences. To sort, hover over a to-do until the cross appears. Then click and drag the to-do to your preferred order.
Report on to-dos
Like any record type in Aha!, you can report on to-dos.
- Build reports on to-dos and their associated attributes, such as assignee, status, and due date.
- On any record using a fixed workflow, scroll down to the Workflow approvals section and click View in pivot report to view a pre-built report on the approvals by record and status transition.
- Navigate to your My work page to get a quick snapshot of your to-dos, or to-dos for members of your team. .