Coming soon: We are introducing a fresh new look for record drawer and details pages on September 30, 2020. This article describes the current experience. Preview the upcoming improvements in your account now so you can get familiar with the new way of working in Aha!
Integrating Aha! with a development system allows your team to do all of their planning in Aha! and then send planned work to your preferred development system. For each integration that you set up, you have several configuration options for sending updates and importing records.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- Manually send records from Aha!
- Update integrated records
- Accept imports from your development system
Manually send records from Aha!
The following integrations are available for integrations 2.0:
- Azure DevOps Services
- Azure DevOps Server
- GitHub Enterprise
- Jira via Connect
To send a new record from Aha! to your integrated system:
- Open a feature or activity card and navigate to the Integrations section.
- Click Send in the Integrations section.
- Select an integration from the dropdown list.
After you have sent the record from the Aha! side, the record is linked and updates will flow back and forth between Aha! and your development system.
If a record that you are working with already exists in your development system, you can also link to an existing record in your development system.
Update integrated records
Two options are available in Settings ⚙️ > Workspace > Integrations for handling outgoing changes:
- Approve outgoing changes: If you select this option, a workspace owner or contributor will need to review and send every change.
- Automatically send outgoing changes: This is the default option. Changes in Aha! will be sent immediately to your development system and no additional action is needed.
If you choose to approve outgoing changes, you will need to use the Send outgoing changes tab of the Settings ⚙️ > Integration updates modal. When updates occur, an orange dot will display on the navigation bar, letting you know that you have pending updates to send or records to import.
When you open the Integration updates modal, you will see a filtered list of pending outgoing updates.
To send an outgoing change:
- Click any record to view the details of the change.
- Select a checkbox for each change you wish to send to your integrated development system.
- Click Send changes to approve and send the change(s).
Note: There is a five-minute delay when sending description field updates. This delay allows Aha! to batch the updates and make one update instead of many.
Accept imports from your development system
Two options are available in Settings ⚙️ > Workspace > Integrations for handling record imports:
- Approve new records before importing: Records will not be imported until they are approved. If you add a record to your development system that is mapped to an Aha! record type, the record will display in the Integration updates modal as an import option. The Integration updates modal allows you to review new record details prior to import. When you are handling incoming records that are mapped to multiple integrations, you can select the integration to use when importing the new record.
- Automatically import new records: This is the default option. If this setting is enabled, new records will be automatically imported if they are children of a previously linked parent record. This applies to records that are linked to initiatives, releases, schedules, epics, features, and activities. If the imported records are not children of a previously linked parent record, a few different things can happen. We will use features as an example:
- First, the status quo: if a feature's parent release is linked with Aha! then in Aha! the feature will be contained within that release.
- If a feature's parent release is not linked with Aha!, or if releases are note mapped with the development system at all, then the feature will be imported into the first parking lot release. This is by design, since the parking lots are repositories for unscheduled work.
Note: When you use this setting, if an Aha! user does not take action on an import record (using either the import or ignore action), and that record later gets added to a parent record in the development system which is already linked to a record in Aha!, the child record will be automatically imported.
When the import occurs, Aha! always imports the most up-to-date copy of the record — so there is no need to worry about missing changes that might occur while you are reviewing.